Thursday, October 2, 2008


This is my first blog, so be patient with me... or go somewhere else!

My husband and I were married on July 26th of this year (2008), and I was already four weeks pregnant. This will be my second child, and his first. My firstborn, Rebekah, came into this world when I was only 17 years old; a junior in high school. Without the support of my family, I never would have been the mother I am today. Now she is 5 and in kindergarten, and continues to make me proud EVERY day!

I have known my husband almost my entire life- we have been through it all! I firmly believe that nothing will come in between us. He is such a wonderful person, provider, and father, who can't wait for his baby to get here!

Last night he felt the baby kick for the first time, and I am only 19 weeks and 5 days! It was the most comical thing- he was frowning in concentration, and suddenly his eyes flew WIDE open! I must have laughed for five minutes.

If you haven't already guessed by the title, this blog is going to be about a year in my life. I will try to blog every day, even if there isn't much to say; all the way through the birth of this child to whatever else comes my way in the next 365 days.

To bring you up to speed, in an hour my grandma will be wheeled into surgery to remove her left kidney. She has cancer, but they expect that it will be completely removed. In the last year, she has had a TIA (a mini stroke), and a serious heart attack. The year my daughter was born, she lost her husband (I was very close with my grandpa) to a heart attack. It just so happened that my mom was with her when she had hers, or she wouldn't be here today.

I will update the blog when my mom calls me to let me know how the surgery went, though I don't expect I will know until around 6 tonight or so.

As for everything else, I will throw in bits and pieces as they come. Sometimes my ordinary life is a lot more interesting than anything I could make up on my own!

Talk to you soon.

Kristi Rufener


Grandma is out of surgery and it went well. The only part the doctor was concerned about was during the closing of the urethra they had to get close to her stomach anuersym, but there were no complications. Pending how she is feeling tomorrow, I will go up to the hospital after work to visit. We will see I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you stopped by! We love to hear from you.